1. and 2. Adam and my family (I couldn't pick one to be first)
- I am so thankful to have my family. I love my parents and I also love hanging out with them. When I was 16 I never would have guessed they would end up being so "cool". I also love my grandparents. I am very lucky to have so many grandparents and that the ones I have are so neat. I love that I can just chat with Mommom about TV shows that we both watch! I am also thankful for my sister, even though she is crazy and went off to Africa and I miss her a great deal. I love hanging out with family and I wish we were able to see the family that live elsewhere more often. I am also thankful for family members who are not blood related, but might as well be! I am thankful for all of you!
- I am thankful for Adam. Sometimes I think that it is crazy that we met randomly at bar (which we both said we would never do!) and now I can't imagine my life without him. He is wonderful to me and he puts up with all of my quirks an neuroses (including understanding that I get crabby when I am hungry and it is not a good idea to change plans without warning me first). I am also thankful for his family because I love the new group of friends that I have gained in his brothers and their significant others.
3. I am thankful for my friends. I am thankful that I am still friends with Meghan after 22 years. Even though we live across the country from each other, we can still chat like always. I am thankful for my girlfriends from college. We continue to talk several times a week even though they have gotten married and started to have babies and I know they will always be my good friends. I am thankful for my friends I have met since college and co-workers that have become way more than simply co-workers.
4. I am thankful for my job. I love teaching preschoolers! Although it was devastating what happened a couple years ago to the program I worked for, it has turned out so well. I love what I do and I can't imagine ever not being with my little ones.
5. I am thankful for my house. I am very lucky that I was able to live with my parents for a year after college so I could save up enough money to buy my house. Although I am not always so thankful when the furnace breaks or the spigot starts leaking, I am thankful for the people in my life who help me fix those things!
6. I am thankful for being able to go to grad school. Even though I have been complaining every step of the way this semester, I know I am lucky to have the luxury of continuing my education (I will even try to be thankful when I have to start repaying my loans!).
7. I am thankful for my church. I have belonged to my church since I was little and I love the sense of community that I feel when I am there. I LOVE directing Vacation Bible School, teaching Religious Ed, and of course doing the ice cream booth at Country Fair. I love teaching kids about God and instilling in them the sense of welcome that I feel at church.
8. I am thankful for Kailey. Without her, I would never have gotten on the path in life that I am now. I probably would have gone to nursing school and dropped out because science is not my thing. Because I met her when she was 3 years old, I learned sign language, volunteered at her school, went to NIU for deaf ed, got the job I did, and ended up where I am. I could even go as far to say that I wouldn't have met Bridget at work, we wouldn't have become friends, we wouldn't have gone to BluRazz and I wouldn't have met Adam without Kailey. It is crazy how one 3 year old could change my life!
9. I am thankful for my health. Minus a few colds and strep I get from those kiddos I am so thankful for, I am very healthy. I am thankful for my health and I continue to pray for those who are not so lucky.
10. I know this is a little lame....but I am thankful for my computer and the Internet. I am in love with the Internet. I check my email too many times a day to count and I LOVE that you can find anything on the Internet and organizing and planning is much easier with the use of a computer. I am also thankful for it because it makes it possible to share pictures with my family across the country and stay in touch with those that are not near. It makes it possible to do this thankful list today!
I, too, am thankful for the internet!
I am thankful for you!
Post a Comment