My mom's favorite reading stories about me:
- I would get in trouble for bringing my book in the shower and sticking it in the caddy to read while showering. Hey! I would try to dry my fingers on the towel before turning the pages.
- When my parents forced me to put down my book and go play outside, I conceded by walking laps around the backyard while reading.
- It also became a problem was I was 16 and didn't know how to get anywhere 2 blocks away from our house because anytime we were in the car, my nose was in a book!
- In college I started asking for favorite children's books for Christmas and birthdays and apparently, to the dismay of my family, proceeded to read them. Each one. Cover to cover.
I could post a million more pictures than the million I have posted here, but I am trying to control myself. They had a children's book to go along with every single part of the shower! Every food had a book to go along with it and there were different books and stations throughout the house! It was like a treasure hunt as you noticed each different item!
The adorable mantle
Cute clothesline with book and funny oneies and adorable blankest
All the decorations!
Raggedy Ann and Andy and Jan and Stan Bearenstein were made for me by my Aunt Judy when I was little! Big Bird talks and was also mine when I was little. The little rocking chair was mine and a friend made a new pillow that will match our nursery.
There was a children's book to go along with every food they had!
A funny game where you had to try to figure out the names of children's books by their descriptions. I will list them here and see if YOU can figure them out. I listed the answers at the bottom of the post.
1. Emerald Yolky Food with Pig Product
2. Evening Salutations to the Celestial Orb
3. Soft Cotton Bunny
4. A Trifecta of Miniature Swine
5. Unsightly Aquatic Bird
6. Brunette Furry Mammal, Brunette Furry Mammal, What are your observations?
7. Locale of the Concrete Walkways Termination
8. Famished Butterfly Predecessor
9. Fedora Wearing Feline
10. Place of the Untamed Creatures
11. Obscured Sun and Maybe Some Rolls of Ground Beef
12. Dispensing Woody Perennial
13. Undersized Hot Gas Explosion System with Abilities
14. Requesting the Return of My Headpiece
15. Small Heir to the Throne
I didn't get 9,m 11, or 13! 9 was a "duh!" and 11 all I could think was "Eclipse and Sausage?!"
Me demonstrating how I sucked my fingers as a baby.
See also: Stephanie doesn't know how to sit like a lady while pregnant.
We also played a fun Jeopardy game!
My team did well on the "How well do you know Mommy and Daddy" category!
Do you know the answer to the question on the TV? Answer at the bottom!
They had books on top and baby M&Ms inside! And there were adorable bookmarks with cute quotes. I took 2! But forgot to get a picture!
Beautiful wrap from my sister so I can wear my baby!
Our carseat and stroller from my parents!!!
(These are the only presents pictures you get...because again with the weird faces in presents pictures!!)
With my sister
My sister and mom
Aunt Judy and Amy
(Not the crazy one)
Again, this shower left me feeling so lucky and loved. This little guy is coming into a world that loves him so much already! I think my sister spent half of the week she was home just touching my belly and talking to her nephew. It is such a wonderful feeling to feel so loved and know my son is going to be so loved.
1. Emerald Yolky Food with Pig Product (Green Eggs and Ham)
2. Evening Salutations to the Celestial Orb (Goodnight Moon)
3. Soft Cotton Bunny (The Velveteen Rabbit)
4. A Trifecta of Miniature Swine (The Three Little Pigs)
5. Unsightly Aquatic Bird (The Ugly Duckling)
6. Brunette Furry Mammal, Brunette Furry Mammal, What are your observations? (Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?)
7. Locale of the Concrete Walkways Termination (Where the Sidewalk Ends)
8. Famished Butterfly Predecessor (The Very Hungry Caterpillar)
9. Fedora Wearing Feline (The Cat in the Hat)
10. Place of the Untamed Creatures (Where the Wild Things Are)
11. Obscured Sun and Maybe Some Rolls of Ground Beef (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs)
12. Dispensing Woody Perennial (The Giving Tree)
13. Undersized Hot Gas Explosion System with Abilities (The Little Engine That Could)
14. Requesting the Return of My Headpiece (I Want My Hat Back)
15. Small Heir to the Throne (Little Prince)
What are disposable diapers?