I make an Oatmeal Lactation "Smoothie" every day for my breakfast.
- For Lactation
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 2 TB Brewer's Yeast
- 2 TB Ground Flax Seed (flax seed must be ground or it doesn't do anything)
- For protein and taste
- 1 container of Greek Yogurt with fruit
- Liquid (and it is a galactagogue)
- Almond milk to fill the container (you could also use regular milk or another milk substitute)
- Put dry ingredients and yogurt in a mason jar
- Add milk to the top (if you want to drink it) or less if you want to eat it with a spoon
- Put lid on.
- Shake it up (you may need to stir a little once in a while)
- Put in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, drink!
- You could blend this with fruit and vegetables if you wanted to make a real smoothie
- You could add fruit or peanut butter for a different taste
- You can skip the yogurt.
- You could use chocolate almond milk
- Pretty much you can do whatever you want so it tastes good to you.
- I bought a bunch of little containers and measure out the dry ingredients in them once a week. So the night before I just need to dump the dry ingredients in.
Where to shop: I get pretty much everything on Amazon!
Other things I do to boost supply
- drink coconut water (at least one serving a day, usually two)
- I recently started Mother's Milk Tea
- occasionally add Brewer's Yeast and Flax Seed to a smoothie or other foods
- drink over 100 ounces of water every day
Do you have any favorite lactation recipes?